What is the Canary Party?
The Canary Party is a movement created to stand up for the victims of medical injury, environmental toxins and industrial foods by restoring balance to our free and civil society and empowering consumers to make health and nutrition decisions that promote wellness.
Canary Party PicBadge
“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” -Thomas Jefferson
|Preparing for Canary Party Endorsements|
Written by The Canary Party
Tuesday, 02 October 2012 16:36
It is campaign season, and time for all Canary Party members to look for those candidates who will support our rights to make our own health choices, and support health policy that leads to better over all health outcomes.
The Canary Party will begin to announce its endorsements for federal state and local elections this week, but we need your help to find those good candidates. Have a legislator who stood up for your right to vaccinate as you choose? Spoke out to get GMO's labled? Protected you from a mandatory medical procedure? Then get them (and their opponents) our survey and see if we can endorse them!
If we want things to change, we HAVE to change out those in our legislatures who are keeping the status quo in place.
Download the questionnaire here, and send it to all of those running for office in your area. We want to make sure our known friends get it so they can get the attention and support they need from our community, but we also want their opponents and other candidates to get it, both to find those whom support our causes that we may not know about, and to educate those candidates on The Canary Party and our issues. Get to know those running for office by taking it into their office and delivering it in person. Ask to follow up with them on any issues that they are not informed on. Educate yourself on them and them on us!
A look at what we are asking of candidates:
General Campaign Questionnaire
1. Will you pledge to proactively address the crisis in children’s health by focusing national health policy on the environmental causes that have triggered the new childhood epidemics?
2. In order to assure unbiased assessment of vaccine safety risks and that vaccine injuries and deaths, are fully investigated, will you pledge to support the creation of an independent agency to provide oversight of vaccine safety.
3. Will you pledge to restore integrity to broadcast media by supporting the restoration of the pre-1997 disclosure requirements for direct-to-consumer pharmaceutical advertising?
4. Do you support the right of Americans to choose or reject which medical interventions that they and their children will undergo, and to be free from coercive measures to push them into unwanted medical interventions, including vaccination?
6. Do you support the right of Americans to access the medical care providers that they choose, including alternative health care practitioners?
7. Do you support the right of Americans to make their own dietary decisions, to eat the food they choose, and to have unfettered access to their nutritional choices including organic options, raw milk, and supplements?
8. Do you support California GMO labeling initiative (Proposition 37) which assures the right of Californians to know if the food products they are buying contain GMOs?
9. Do you support The Compassionate Freedom of Choice Act (H.R. 6342) that allows terminally ill patients access to drugs, treatments, and devices not yet approved by the FDA?
10. Do you support The Parental Consent Act of 2011 (H.R. 2769) that prevents the federal funding of mandatory mental health screening programs?
11. Do you agree with The Guiding Principles of The Canary Party, listed below?
In recent human history, mankind has created and witnessed unprecedented changes in the balance between nature and technology. With the advent of the industrial revolution, technological progress has led to profound improvements in human health and quality of life. Important benefits such as improved sanitation and clean water have combined to reduce human mortality and extend the lifespan. As we recognize these benefits, we also know that technology works best when it serves human needs and worst when it imposes new risks on human development, creating a greater distance between nature and man. Paradoxically, as we become more reliant on technology, we risk losing sight of the proper balance between the benefits and risks of progress, especially in those technologies that intervene most directly in human health.
In order to restore that balance, we must pursue a future based on a more natural vision of human health, happiness and development, one that focuses on wellness rather than disease. The definition of wellness that guides the healing professions should not be the absence of symptoms in the presence of medical intervention, but rather the pursuit of health without the need for drugs. Realizing this future will require a more natural approach to wellness, especially early in life, but also throughout the lifespan. To restore the proper balance of nature and technology, The Canary Party seeks to restore balance to our civil society.
We hold these Principles to be self-evident:
Awareness - That awareness of the new man-made epidemics is the first requirement for ending them.
Precaution - That when complexity clouds our understanding of health crises, our moral imperative is to first do no harm.
Safety - That the best measure of a safe environment is the total health and happiness of an individual human being.
Choice - That the individual’s right to choose or refuse medical interventions affecting them or their children must be defended.
Sovereignty - That true empowerment requires that the individual is accorded and assumes responsibility for their own health, happiness and nutrition.
Freedom - That full access to the healing professions and to truthful information is essential to liberty.
Justice - That when injuries occur as a consequence of institutional failure, the victims deserve justice.
Integrity - That the cause of justice is best served when our governing institutions are free from commercial interests.
Compassion - That a compassionate society has a duty to provide injured and otherwise disabled citizens with an opportunity for happiness and to treat them with dignity.